Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gershwin's Greatest

Dealnews pointed out this hidden deal at Amazon: George Gershwin's greatest composition, in my mind at least, Rhapsody in Blue. Also included is An American In Paris, a nice enough classical composition, but not one of my top choices. Regardless, a full recording of Rhapsody's full 20 minute length is pretty cheap at $1.98, since the CD version is going for $8.99.This CD version, which I own, sells for $7.99 but includes an extra work, Gershwin's Grand Canyon Suite. Unless you're desperate for a hard copy, I'd stick with the digital download.

Listen to the exact version you'd be downloading:


Rhapsody in Blue - Leonard Bernstein;Columbia Symphony Orchestra

Also check out this interesting highlights version by The Five Browns:



It's neat, but the conversion to YouTube video doesn't do the power of five pianos justice, it seems.

Below is the link for the album, plus an extra link to Andrea Bocelli's album Amore, which seems like an excellent pickup for just $1.99. I'm not even sure if it's something I'll be into, but my wife likes Josh Groban and this seems like a good replacement.



Last but not least, here's a link to Amazon's Bestselling Classical Keyboard selections, in case you enjoyed this post. There's all kinds of great stuff and I unearthed another great deal, Beethoven's other 5th, his Piano Concerto, for only $2.97. I'm listening right now and it is fantastic!

1 comment: